Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Bhutanchal Buccaneers

Day 14: April 23rd

Departure from Guwahati to Delhi

The very next day I was woken up by Kenny. I groggily got up and got ready while the guys packed up. At around 0615 hours we started from my place and went off to the railway station. We made it with not too much time to spare and I just bade a brisk good luck to the guys before I dropped them off.

I drove back home feeling kind of woozy. I always feel that way after a trip. Good trip, amazing comrades, good places, good people and laughter and fun always make me loathe the mundane life I was to start again from Monday.

The only thing that keeps me going is the hope for another run on the roads, and soon. It’s one of the few things that I try to find solace in from this mad mad world and this is one of the few things that really bring out the fact that there is still something, some people to look forward to. An escape into the wild……





Read another version of the trip at:

http://bhutanchalbuccaneers.blogspot.com


Photos of the trip at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/nilu.hazarika/BhutanchalBuccaneers#

2 comments:

Ken Slayer said...

The next one would be done within 8 months

Che Guevara on the Road said...

Sinha...I finally completed the blog...read it in 3 gos...as I wanted to read it with full concentration...

Surprising to see Payeng Da having so many accidents, tough luck or the bad roads, one cant pinpoint...

I really wanna meet him & John...bahut padh/sun liya unke baare mein !!!

Do the next ride very soon and make me a part of the planning chain as well...wud love to give you my inputs for sure...

and yes Inshallah we all would ride together very very soon....

Ride safe and stay safe...

Cheers...
Che